Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sacred Harp Singing Seeks Cape Codders

To Purchase Sacred Harp Music Click Here: CD of Sacred Harp Singers

Dear Friends of Sacred Harp,

Yesterday's Plymouth All Day Singing was very well attended with (I heard) 56 singers attending. What an incredible sound, and a blessed day of singing and fellowship. And so many friends traveled so far to be there. We also had a good turnout of Cape singers. And it was so wonderful to actually meet some of you whom I've only known by email conversation!

I didn't get a chance to pass around a sign up sheet for new Cape people interested in being on our email list. If you know of anyone attending yesterday who might want to be on this list and receive updates of SH events, please let me know or have them email me
chmic@comcast.net.

The final First Sunday Singing at E. Sandwich will be on March 2nd.

Justin will announce the Plymouth location at that singing or on their website,
http://www.newplymouthsacredharp.org/.

I hope you can join us to conclude what has been a great winter singing period at East Sandwich. It is not too late to make arrangements for the Western MA Convention in Northampton, March 8th & 9th, and I still have room in my car if anyone is in need of a ride.

Information is at
http://www.fasola.org/ under "Western MA." Finally, I bumped to a website that is a Shape Note Musical Library. Although it is electronic music, it can be very helpful in getting a sense of how a particular song might sound.

No comments: